Ordinary People by John Legend is my #1 song at this moment. It’s an old song but I love, not just the melody but the lyrics. I heard of it long time ago but recently, I realised that this song represents my feelings on certain things happened in the last few months.
This ain't the honeymoon, Passed the infatuation phase, Right in the thick of love, At times we get sick of love, It seems like we argue everyday
Admit it, we do get sick of love or rather, the fact that we are apart of a relationship – it’s not the person that we are sick of but the game and everything else that surrounds it. At times, as discussed several times – I do feel like I’m better off being by myself and I’ve felt this way before in the past but when you know you have something great going on more than the bad moments, you tend to stop and think – this is something that is worth fighting for and you work on it.
I know I misbehaved, And you made your mistakes, And we both still got room left to grow
I’ve made mistakes and I am not proud of them. People misbehave, sure but who am I to judge them? Right now, I do believe that both of us have a lot to work on. Don’t me wrong, things are good but there is always room to make things better. I mean isn’t that what everyone wants at the end of the day – to have a great partnership or whatever you want to call it and live happily?
And though love sometimes hurts, I still put you first, And we'll make this thing work, But I think we should take it slow
Hell yeah, love hurts – sometimes.
And what is it with putting your partner first?! It’s always the woman that puts the man first. You would think a woman would have learned her lesson from the past relationships but no, she still puts the man first. So I don’t know what John Legend is talking about here – perhaps, he’s a bit different compared to other men? Haha.
We're just ordinary people, We don't know which way to go, Cuz we're ordinary people
Ordinary people, we are. Indeed. As I have said on my previous posts, at a young age – I already know what I wanted in a man and relatively, I know which way I want to go. I know my first step was to be where I am right now.
This ain't a movie no, No fairy tale conclusion ya'll, It gets more confusing everyday
Damn straight. It never crossed my mind that relationship is a fairy tale. Whoever thinks it is, probably lives on another planet. The one mistake parents can make is to tell their children that love is a fairytale, find your prince charming etc and you will live happily ever after. Thank God, my parents never made that mistake!
To be continued..
Yes true. Parents shouldn't teach their children that love is easy and that they will always live happily. A lot of things to go through before achieving that!
ReplyDeleteYou are very insightful, Asian Belle and very attractive. Keep posting!
Thanks for agreeing with me - not many would :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind words!
Cheers!
I agree with Lauren and you, no one can guarantee happiness in anybody's life, since I am divorced, I'm sure my son will have that "advantage" to see through experience in his own/our life that happiness can turn into sadness, but it depends on yourself if you want to stay sad or make yourself happy by using past experiences to create happiness in your choices for the future. Oh hell, sounds like I'm babbling, Iza
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your son will see through his mother's experiences in love and life :)
ReplyDeleteBabble away, I don't mind.