My partner and I have been through a lot of things together. We never said that things were easy between us because they weren’t – we had our moments and they have probably made us rethink about our relationship several times but the love we have for each other got us to where we are today.
Whenever I am feeling down for whatever reason, he senses it – ALL the time. I can tell whenever he has things on his mind. I know what his facial expressions mean and he knows mine. I don’t know if it is that obvious but he can tell from a mile away when I am frisky – lol. He knows me VERY well.
We spend a lot of time together – at home and outside. Our topic of conversation is extensive. We tease (he more than I do – I’m an easy target to him) each other a lot and can laugh at and with each other. We are very comfortable amongst ourselves and not afraid of letting loose.
I can tell him things that bother me – family issues and everything else. He tells me a lot of things that bother him and doesn’t hold back too. Just recently, I feel that we really can tell each other everything without one of us judging one another on the past mistakes and whatever else. Living together has shown him and me of our flaws. He knows how clumsy I am and that does not bother me at all (I’m working on it okay, baby? ;D). I never liked the idea of living together before marriage (it’s also something I have never done) but I must say that this is something we both needed to be sure and more.
By committing to this, it has taught me a lot of things. I know I can count on him for support in anything I want to do and I trust him to let me know that my idea is ridiculous or pointless. He gets the same from me – he will have me as his support system at anytime of the day. He has been very supportive of my writings and it’s something he tells almost everyone that he meets ‘smile’. That tells me he is proud of me.
We are emotionally connected and our physical attraction gets better all the time because of our emotional connection. We have similar interests and even if we don’t, we don’t feel the need to force each other to like what we like as individuals. I like that we have our own blog - his blog focuses on sports all over the world; while mine focuses on relationships and life which he is welcome to blog on whenever he wants to. This common interest we have is something we talk about on a regular basis – exchanging ideas and finding ways to make it better.
He’s the last person I kiss when I go to sleep and the first person I look at when I wake up in the morning. Whatever I do for him, I do it out of love and respect I have for him. I tell him things because I want him to know my thoughts and feelings. I talk about him a lot because he is special to me. I would do anything to make him happy. As cliché or common as this sound, he is truly the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have shared with him things I haven’t shared with anyone else and I trust he doesn’t share them with anyone else and because of that and many more reasons, he is my best friend.
What about you and your partner? Do you feel that he or she is your best friend? Or do you think couples can’t be best friends?

Hi! You guys are a good looking couple! Thanks for putting up the pics. Very insightful blog, AB. My husband and I are bestfriends, way before we got married and if I allowed to say this : we have continued to become the best of friends! It's important for two people in love to be best friends, you share a lot of the good and the bad together. I'm lucky that my husband feels the same way.
ReplyDeleteHi Lauren,
ReplyDeleteHave been wondering about you. Hope you're well. Thanks - that put a smile on my face :)
Yeah, ditto! Every day, I realise that I can't see myself with anyone else :)
we have better looking pics though...I would have chosen a different one :)
ReplyDeleteWhat other pics? We don't have a lot of pics together, silly! :)
ReplyDeleteA topic that might be interesting is body language??
ReplyDeleteSounds good :) I will blog on that when I have more time to blog my own stuff!! Thanks for the suggestion.
ReplyDeletehow can that be real?? if u bf keep secrets frm u about someone?? this is rubbish. u bf must be something. living tgther doesnt mean he is not seeing women.
ReplyDeleteThe fact that you commented anonymously shows me that I know who you are. I'm not even bothered to go into detail whether it is real or not. Have a blessed day!
ReplyDeleteFor the love of fraggles...
ReplyDeleteAnonymous...thing...Kindly toddle on over to the blog titled Anonymous Reviewers/Commentators. You will find it in the January section dated Wednesday, January 26, 2011. Read it. And next time you comment feel free to throw in a name at the end. Otherwise...shut up...as nobody is interested in anything you have to type.
As Myst said...Have a blessed day! =]
Elaine Wilson
Elle, you'd make a great PA or Publicist for me - lol. Much love, chica <3
ReplyDeleteYou must have pissed a lot of women off, Asian Belle!!!! I mean it as a joke! I wonder if they are women you know or random? I cannot blame them because you are very beautiful and happy with your man.
ReplyDeleteI'm a local white South African woman, I feel that some local women can be very bitter. More so when they don't get what they want. Shame to admit it but I was once there and I don't like who I was. It'll changed when I met the right man for me. Hang in there, my sweet. With a lot of support, love and respest for eachother you'll both be great. Stand by one noather. That's important. Take it from someone who have been around for many years!!!
Could be anyone. Aaww thank you for your compliments and yes, am very happy!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found the one for you and that you changed to a better person. Everyone usually does...
Thank you - I would like to think that I am good enough for him and that I've stood by him and continue to do so.
I hate anonymous posters..... Its the equivelent of somebody puttin on a mask and shouting abuse at me on the street..... Except I can punch that person in the mouth.... Keyboard warriors have the safety of their computer to hide behind..... Fuckers
ReplyDelete