Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Everything Happens for a Reason


When something bad happens, people say it happens for a reason.

I never quite grasp that concept until my mother passed away 3 years ago. I was angry, upset, disappointed – every negative emotion available, I felt them. My relatives said it happened for a reason and I asked them what would the reason be and none of them could answer me.
The reasons may not surface until years later when something bad happens – I tend to think so because that was precisely how it happened to me. I remember feeling so angry that my mother left me - all of us - so soon and so sudden that I didn’t want to see the positive side of my loss (how can there ever be a positive side to losing a parent?!). I only began to see it a year or so later.

My brothers and I have never been emotionally depended on one another. We’ve never shared our thoughts or feelings about certain things because it seemed a bit weird to do so or perhaps we thought we were too cool for that. Being the only girl and the youngest in the family, I guess they didn’t think I could connect with them on many levels. That all changed when we lost our mother.

We would talk and cry together - we became closer and more attached emotionally. I’ve never felt more comfortable with all 3 of them. I guess there is a reason behind my mother’s passing, after all.

2 comments:

  1. It's always hard losing someone you love. I can't even begin to imagine life without my mum or dad. Which is funny because there are times when I wanna strangle my mother and vice versa lol. But, I'd be lost without her.

    It's great that you and your brothers are so close now. The thing to remember is, there's a little piece of your mum in all of them. And when they look at you they probably see a lot of your mum in you as you are the only girl.

    I'm sure your mum would be very proud of you all and is no doubt watching over you everyday.

    Remember, if life is possible then NOTHING is impossible. You'll see her again someday and she'll hold you in her arms. And if you're brothers are anything like mine...one of them will shout 'PILE UP' and they'll all jump on you hahaha =D

    <3 Elaine 'elle' Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elle :)

    Thank you for your comforting words. At times I feel her blood running through me and I say "at times" because most of the time I feel like I have disappointed her in some ways, you know.. but that's just me - I tend to feel that way every other day :P

    Thanks again, your words brought tears to my eyes.. (in a good way, lambie).

    ReplyDelete