Saturday was such a beautiful day albeit the strong wind blowing in the morning throughout the afternoon. We started the day by having breakfast at The Tavern in Gordon’s Bay. Although we have had lunch and dinner numerous times, it was our first breakfast at The Tavern so we did not know what to expect. From what the waitress said, we assumed it would not be a huge breakfast but boy, were we proven wrong!
The kids had small breakfast set each which consist of bacon, 2 sunny sides up, mushrooms and fries (just trying to remember the items are making me full!) while I had the Salmon breakfast which is a good portion of salmon in scrambled eggs, 2 slices of salmon and big portion of sautéed mushrooms (my favourite!). This breakfast set reminds me of my favourite breakfast set at La Bodega (same type of breakfast with your preference of chicken, beef, salmon etc including salad and baked tomatoes) – yummy! My boyfriend opted for the Sailor’s Breakfast (a huge plate I know I won’t be able to stomach!) – 2 slices of toast, 2 sunny sides up, fries, a piece of hotdog, bacon, onion rings AND sautéed mushrooms!! Massive breakfast, I tell you! In addition to all that, we were presented with not one, but two baskets of toasts!! Let me assure you that the breakfast/brunch meals lasted all of us throughout the day.
They were nicely done and the sautéed mushrooms were really good – I have tasted some that were badly made ‘frown’. After that, we went to the beach for the kids to play. Like the other week, Zuné has managed to catch some fish (those tiny fishes that swim bloody fast – that kid is amazing!!) and that totally made her day. JD and I played catch – that boy is just as energetic as my 5 year old niece back home!
An hour or so later, we got home and took a nap – it felt like for the first time, I had the longest nap ever! After a bit of messing around on Twitter and our blogs (shame on you for thinking something else! ‘grin’), Dawie suggested that we go over to The Old Bridge Tavern for a few drinks.
Now, if you are in the Somerset West neighbourhood, you might want to check TOBT out. For every day of the week, they have various activities going on. Such activities are Wii Day which is on every Monday where patrons can have a go at Wii Games. Then Sunday is a Movie Day which you are welcome to make a suggestion on what you would like to watch (obviously you have to let them know in advance). To be honest, I didn’t pay attention to the rest but pretty sure there are sports and live bands in between.
I think the whole concept is a great way to promote their business or to get more patrons to come over. TOBT seems like a popular place as it is but it never hurts to get more people to come. I must say that it is one of the places in Somerset West area that I haven’t gotten bored of and the fact that the menu is quite extensive makes TOBT more than just a decent place to hang out. If you have kids, don’t worry because there’s a play area for them.
Today was a nice, relaxing day for all of us. We got up pretty early and after breakfast, we watched cricket and I did some work which I’m taking a break from at the moment so that I can blog a bit ‘smile’. I’m still writing on the same topics as last week – weight loss and pregnancy – which I feel like I can get pregnant just by writing on this topic over and over again!
It’s almost eight o’clock in the evening and we are both pretty beat from some fooling around (yes, this time it’s THAT fooling around kind ‘smile’). I still have more writing to do so I will have to end it here right now.
I hope you had a blessed and great weekend! It’s a new week tomorrow and I wish all of you a great week ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment