Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Out and About

I haven’t been able to update my blog due to the connection from my laptop to the internet – sucks, I tell you!

On Wednesday, I spent a few hours at Somerset Mall while Dawie finished up some last minute work before his office closed for the long holiday – Christmas and New Year – yeay!

Dawie joined me at the mall after work was over and we had late lunch at Ocean’s Basket which reminds me of Long John’s Silver minus the sushi in Malaysia. One of my favourites at LJS is Deep Fried Prawns with their home-made sauce – dayummnn – when I was a Celebrity Consultant with Celebrity Fitness, I’d have that for lunch and dinner almost every day – it was THAT good! Back to Ocean’s Basket, the first time he took me there – we had a seafood platter with rice, prawns, calamari, mussels and hake (I think, I’d ask Rackermann but he’s sleeping like a baby next to me right now!). It was a platter for one as we had sushi at the side as well, for a platter for one – it was a huge portion!

After the necessary was done, we left the mall for his parents’ house. The wind on the other side of town was super strong! As an animal lover, it excites me at the thought of going over to someone’s place with a lot of animals – just like his parents’ place – they have cats and dogs – lots of them! The latest addition to the family is Tiki, a puppy – very adorable and playful. We had coffee and delicious home-baked ginger cookies with a touch of chocolate – I miss home-baked cookies, my mother used to bake every other week and our house was never short of cookies! Those were the days…

At about 6 or so, we headed down to The Tavern in Gordon’s Bay. We are not regulars but we are there often enough for the staff to recognise us. Dawie’s parents joined us for a couple of beers and something to eat. At The Tavern, they offer Happy Hour Budget Munchies from Mondays to Fridays – 5pm – 7pm, there are about 5 or 6 meals you can choose from. One of our favourites (as both of us have tried it a few times) is the chicken liver which comes in two flavours – Peri-peri or BBQ. We have tried both and my favourite is still Peri-peri although it can be very, very spicy for some. Dawie had fish and chips with garlic butter sauce (unfortunately, this meal is not part of the Happy Hour Budget Munchies) which was scrumptious and money well spent! Drinks are cheaper over here as well (hence the never ending amount of people drinking their arses off at The Tavern!) and they have live band performances every other day in the evening. If you happen to be there on a weekend and there’s a band performing, it’s likely that the band is a good one as we have been told that the good ones are always asked to perform during the weekends.

The band that performed on Wednesday was just okay. Nothing to shout about, the best was the first band we saw at The Tavern. Too bad I can’t remember the name of their band – I would really like to see them perform again.

Later that evening, Steven joined us and for the first time, I think I loosened up a bit and spoke a bit more than usual ‘smile’.

We left Tavern pretty early as the band was crap. We wrapped the evening up with some work outs as always! ‘smile’.

No comments:

Post a Comment