![]() |
| No, I don't talk on the phone amongst the bushes! |
For each group, there’s a personalised ring tone. Here are the groups and ring tones (yes, I’m that bored that I’m sharing this with you guys…).
Family
Obviously the people that fall into this group are my family members – from parents to siblings to in-laws to nieces. I specifically chose “Home” by Michael Buble for the ring tone as it reminds me that even though Cape Town is practically my new home now, I still have my family, my home – no matter what. As my third brother said to me when I left – “Don’t take shit from anyone. Know that if you don’t like it there, home is always an option for you”.
Love
Only one person is in this group – lol and it’s pretty obvious who that person is. I chose Kenny Latimore’s “For You” as the ring tone. The first time I heard of this song from my third brother was eons ago and I find it to be one of the best R&B song. I love this song to bits and the lyrics are just so sweet. A year or so ago, I thought this song would be just the right one for this ‘group’.
Babes
This group consists of girls I hung out with very often back home. The ring tone is “Evacuate the Dancefloor” by Cascada for apparent reason! Some of the girls from this group were the ones I’d hit the dance floor with every other week back in the days. We still keep in touch every now and then via Facebook and emails. Some of them were the girls I worked with during Monsoon Cup and they were a blast to be with! One person that is in the group is someone I’m no longer in contact with but when my mother passed away, she was there for me day and night. Spent nights at my place, cried with me and so much more. It’s such a shame that we no longer talk to one another. Despite that, I still cherish her friendship.
Buddies
People in this group are the guys that I’m close to. There are just a few of them and these are the people that I can have intellectual conversation with… at times. Haha. (Did you know that ‘haha’ means you’re not really laughing but ‘hahahaha’ means it’s totally funny? Will Ferrel told me that).
Random
The people that fall into this group are those I’m not close to or acquaintances. I chose one of those boring ring tones from my phone… a very insignificant song. Lol.
So do you organise your contacts in your phone?

Golly, you're so organized. I can't be bothered to coz I have so many contacts. But, your blog had me thinkig about my contacts and I should delete a few. I'm sure I have contacts I have never called in years!!!
ReplyDeleteI try to be. I go through my phone book every few months and delete those I have no contact with...
ReplyDelete