Monday, April 18, 2011

I love you, Mum xxx

Mum,
You are no longer in the next room
When I want to talk to you
When I need someone to set me straight
When I need a hug from you to feel better
You are no longer in the next room

Although you are far from where we are
Yet at times, I feel your presence
Your spirit and soul
Although you are far from where we are
I still remember love’s soft glow upon your face
And the feel of your touch and warm embrace

Mum,
When I am drained from the burdens I have borne
Or when the ache in my heart seems too difficult to bear
I shut down and close my eyes
To go to a secret place to be with you
That is when I remember how you always stood by me
And would gently wipe away the tears I have shed

Mum,
When there are times of great joy and pride
Times when I am overjoyed and feel accomplished
Oh how I wish you were standing by my side
I know you saw more than I thought I could ever be
And the achievements I have made
I owe them all to you
For you have always believed in me

When I reminisce the moments we shared
When I think back about all the things you said
When I look back at all the love and care you gave me
When I remember all that you had done for me
Those are the times I miss you the most
And that is when I remember that your blood runs through me
I remember what you gave, lives through me
And when the time comes
You will be waiting for me
With your arms wide open.

3 comments:

  1. Such an incredibly beautiful tribute to your mother - I know that she would be so proud of you. You have a wonderful way with words, this brought me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Linda.

    I hope you're coping well with your loss too.

    Thanks for following my blog :)

    ReplyDelete