Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Green Eyed Monster

Just when I thought the ugly green monster had vanished, it appeared again recently. Ugly, childish and trivial comments were left on my blog. Some of those comments were so trivial that they were not worth being published. However, I published one that was left on my previous blog entry. I specifically published that comment because it’s something that I want to address.

When I mentioned earlier on my “Basics to Attracting Women” blog post regarding men shouldn’t settle for less, I thought it was clear that I meant no men, even women should settle for someone that doesn’t make you smile, happy, support you emotionally, love and treat you the way you deserve to be loved and treated. I’m not sure how good her reading comprehension is but she left a comment about my settling for someone that drives a shit car (according to her) gave me the impression that she didn’t comprehend the whole blog post as well as I thought a woman in her forties would.

For some women, as long as a man drives a lavish car – that’s all good. He doesn’t have to look like a superstar. He doesn’t even need a great personality, these women are fine with him as long there’s a lavish car (or two), magnificent home and a lot of money in his pocket – it’s all good. For this type of women, a man with great personality, ambitious, responsible, fun, entertaining but drives a car less than what they “assume” is a great/lavish car feel that you’re settling for less if you choose to be with this man.

What made me laugh when I read the comments is the fact that she only criticises the car and me, the woman my boyfriend chose to be with. All those comments about me being a maid, only good to look after his kids, cleaning up the house etc – they don’t hurt me at all because I know who and what I am to him. I help to look after his kids when they are with us. It’s just like my taking care of and looking after my nieces back home. I don’t give a rat’s arse what car he drives – as long as it gets us from Point A to Point B and back – that’s fine with me. At least, he bought the car with cash and all the previous cars he had. The new bike he bought – he paid in cash. I can’t say the same for some men and women around his age and above though - some are still paying for their vehicles. Rackermann may not be driving a fancy car but he has the money. He just knows better what to spend the money on. He is working his way up with all the love, respect and support he is getting from ME.

And here’s another thing for you – If you want to talk about men driving or owning luxurious cars, get someone that drives a Bentley, Aston Martin Vanquish, Bugatti-Veyron or gold and diamond plated BMW/Merc/Lada/Proton with a lot of bling-bling, then we’ll talk, okay? :D Kalau setakat nak lelaki bawa kereta BMW, Mercedes or Prosche model lama.. just because it is that particular make – tak payah cakap lah okay? (Phew! Felt so good to say it in Malay!).

It’s really sad because most of the time, women that fall into the category of wanting wealthy men to take care of them have nothing much to offer on her own so they are dependent on these men to look after them. Another thing that bugs me is this - when that one person that you finally realise is a good, responsible man/woman that you decided to mess around with like he or she is a plaything earlier on, is now moving on with someone better that you feel you have the right to criticise them as a couple, just because he/she didn’t choose to be with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment